- ruxcon 2k4 ended last Sunday. It was absolutely fantastic! On the second day I managed to:
- buy a ruxcon t-shirt. I thought they ran out!
- participate in CTF and managed to crash .20's sshd :P
- went in the THC trivia with profx, aday, zardoz and others, and won!
- due to winning trivia, got myself a copy of Hacker's Delight.
- got really familiar with knoppix-std
Productive no? :)
Ruxcon was an immensely educational experience, some memorable talks included:
- hiding data in file system grey areas (FIST'ing any one?)
- hybrid approach to network monitoring (PAPmap)
- social engineering, with real life examples
Kudos to the ruxcon crew for organising such a fantastic event! They even subsidised the drinks at the end :D
- For some unknown reason that strangely makes sense, I was more productive in the last week of 6 work days then I ever was. Pushed out 3 more deviations, all vectors, which I am coming to love. Its very *me* :)
- It was only natural, the night after ruxcon I a program for reversing the virtual world hash austnet uses to protect its users. Nothing exciting, but it works :) I'll upload later tonight when I am finally happy with the code.
Thats more or less it, not very exciting is it :S Now to get back to this lava lamp I have agreed to do for ~beef... grr..