PLEASE GIVE BLOOD
Will you think about giving blood sometime in the next couple of weeks?
Blood donations save lives.
It’s faster if you register online. Donation takes about 5-10 minutes but there is the examination beforehand which takes 15 mins and you are requested to wait 15 afterwards for monitoring of your condition.
• Sydney – 153 Clarence St
(Mon 8am-3pm, Tue 11am-6pm, Wed 7:30am-3pm, Thu 11am-6pm, Fri 7:30am-3pm, Sat 8am-3pm)
• Parramatta – 4 George St
• Chatswood – 1 Spring St
• Liverpool – 50 Macquarie St
• Nepean – Nepean Hospital Main West
There are also mobile locations – see the website for details
You can’t give blood if you:
• Had antibiotics in the last 5 days
• Had a blood transfusion in the last 12 months (have you had surgery?)
• Had body piercing in the last 12 months
• Had ear piercing in the last 24 hours
• Had cancer in the last 5 years or have a cancer history
• Have chicken pox
• Have chronic fatigue syndrome
• Have a cold
• Have a cold sore
• Have been imprisioned in a correctional institution in the last 12 months
• Have cystic fibrosis
• Have dengue fever
• Have had dental treatment in the last 24 hours
• Have diabetes controlled by insulin (conditions)
• Have diarrhoea
• Still under the influence of recreational drugs
• Have fibromyalgia (conditions)
• Had glandular fever in the last 12 months
• Had a heart attack
• Had hepatitis in the last 12 months – extra testing needed after
• Have herpes – current primary or acute episode
• Had leukaemia or lymphoma
• Had liver function ALT test too high and not yet had doctor’s ok
• Had lyme disease and have not yet had doctor’s ok
• Have multiple sclerosis
• polycythaemia (rubra) vera
• Had ‘dangerous’ sexual activity in the last 12 months (male –male, with male bisexual, with sex worker)
• Had surgery with blood transfusion in last 12 months
• Have systemic lupus erythematosus
• Have travelled to areas with high risk of insect/animal –borne infection which can be symptomless.
• Have had sex with a person who lives in a country/area with high risk of insect/animal borne infection.
• Have lived in the UK between 1980 to 1996 for cumulative period of 6 months.
• Have received blood transfusion in the UK since 1/01/1980